Shipping & Returns
1. 99% of our orders for stock merchandise are processed and shipped within 48 hours.
2. The minimum shipping charge is $15.00.
3. All orders are fully insured and the charges are incorporated into the shipping costs. Insurance charges are computed by adding $0.60 for each $100 or fraction thereof of the full value of the merchandise.
4. All individual boxes weighing 70 lbs. or less are primarily shipped via UPS. Any single items over 70 lbs. will be shipped via trucking service (see below).
5. LTL (TRUCK) SHIPMENTS
LTL means “Less Than a Load” by tractor-trailer or truck. These charges calculated based upon the number of units, shipping weight and the ship to location. Rates cannot be considered standard when the cost of fuel continues to escalate. It is recommended you call us for the exact charge.
Basically, if items are oversized, overweight or cannot be carried by UPS, then it must be shipped via LTL. This ground service of oversized items is not time definite. A lot depends upon what else is on the truck and where it is going.
Many of these items are strapped to a skid or palette, and that weight is also figured into the shipping price. LTL is safer than UPS and Federal Express for oversized items as your piece is handled individually, not in bulk like small packages.
Please click on the Contact Us Link on the left hand side to contact us for a quote.
1. Be sure that you inspect all cartons for obvious mishandling or damage before the delivery person leaves. Most freight carriers require damage notice next to your signature. You are responsible for following the carrier’s policy of handling damaged shipments.
Please follow these procedures to address any potential claims:
Establish the shortage, damages and concealed damages while the product is still in the carrier’s possession
Check the Bill of lading section stating the number of pieces and the number of skids for correctness before signing the delivery receipt.
All discrepancies of the shipment must be noted on the delivery receipt before the driver leaves your premises.
If the delivery receipt is signed by the consignee at the time of delivery, the carrier establishes the freight was delivered without exceptions thereby fulfilling the contract terms and conditions of the Bill of Lading. If no documentation has been provided to the carrier, then your claim for damages, concealed damages and shortages can not be credited back to your account for we can not process a claim establishing carrier liability.
Hurst Customer Service must be notified of any damages or other claims within five days of delivery date.
RETURNS, EXCHANGES OR CREDITS:
1. Hurst Chemical will accept merchandise for return from the original purchaser only. Any products purchased must be returned within 15 days from date of invoice for a full return. After 15 days, absolutely no returns, exchanges or credits will be issued, and no returns of products that have been mishandled, abused, altered or used in such a way as to void the Manufacturers’ warranty of such product.
2. If products are being returned for reasons other than being defective, you have 10 working days from receipt of delivery for a credit to be issued for the cost at the time of purchase, less a 25% restocking fee. Allow up to two weeks for a refund.
3. Products may not be returned without a Return Authorization Number (see below). All returns must be returned with original packaging and all accessories-No Exceptions! Items returned not in factory saleable condition will be charged a minimum of 25% restocking fee.
4. All shipping, labor and handling charges from the original invoice are not refundable.
1. You must get a Return Authorization (RA) number before you return any products. Please contact the Customer Service Department at 800-723-2004, Monday – Friday, 8: 00 am to 5:30 pm Central Time. This helps us tremendously, as we are aware of the problem and will expect your return.
2. The products must be received within two weeks from the day your RA is issued.
3. The RA number must appear on the return address label only. Please do not write on the original box.
4. We must receive all of the original packaging, and all accessories! All cartons must be returned in the manner in which they were received.
5. Make sure packages are securely packaged and sealed. Due to the strain of shipping, many cartons cannot withstand additional shipping in their original carton. We strongly recommend double boxing. Hurst Chemical will not be responsible for packaging of return items.
6. You are responsible for shipment and insurance costs for the return of all merchandise.
7. Within our 15 day defective exchange period, we will pay return ground shipping charges for the identical type of merchandise we send back to you, excluding taxes, duties, etc.